Teachers and parents, students can read literary and informational paired text and write a well-written essay that references the text they’ve read. An added plus are the 6 Traits of Writing posters or if your student or child needs easy access, the Six Traits of Writing Expandable Bookmarks are at their finger-tips.
This resource includes:
- 3 sets of paired text (literary and informational)
- 9 writing prompts: narrative, expository, and argument
- 6 Traits of Writing posters
This product is Common Core aligned and focuses on reading and writing activities for grades 4 – 6. Students read a literary and informational paired set of passages and write a narrative, expository, and/or argumentative essay. Each written response requires them to cite textual evidence from the text. Each writing prompt focuses on the topics of the paired text.
- Use the texts and writing prompts as a diagnostic to determine each students level of writing for a genre of writing.
- Use the texts and writing prompts in a guided literacy station to scaffold students’ writing skills.
- Use the texts and writing prompts as a guide for students to analyze writing prompts to determine what the task is asking them to write.
- Use the texts and writing prompts in a writing station. Students can self-correct using the 6 Traits of Writing posters or students can use the 6 Traits of Writing Expandable Bookmarks.
This item is a paid digital download from my Teacher Pay Teacher store. It is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!
Questions: Contact me by email at email@example.com
- Shop Literacy Art by Iris TPT Store
- Pin Literacy Art by Iris on Pinterest
- Like Literacy Art by Iris on Facebook
- Earn TPT Points (credit) toward future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases by leaving feedback at my TPT store.
Happy Learning! Happy Teaching! Happy Learning!