Students read a literary and informational paired set of passages and answer written response questions related to the topic of the paired passages.
This resource includes:
• 2 paired passages (one literary and one informational)
• 24 writing response task cards with sample answer response cards
• 3 writing prompts for narrative, expository, and persuasive writing
• Student Completion Chart
• BONUS: 6 Traits for Writing Wall Charts
It is Common Core with each task card written on a different Depth of Knowledge (DOK) level for each standard covered. Students focus on a specific standard to learn, to remediate, or enrich.
Students also write a narrative, expository, and/or persuasive essay where they respond to a prompt related to the literary and informational set of passages. Students fill in the task log on their Student Completion Chart.
1. Diagnostic: use the written response tasks as a diagnostic to determine each students level of writing on a specific standard.
2. Guided (teacher-led) Literacy Station: use the written response tasks in a guided (teacher-led) literacy station to scaffold students’ reading and writing skills.
3. Reading and Writing Literacy Station: use the written response tasks in a reading and writing literacy station.
4. Formative or Summative assessment: use the writing prompts as a formative or summative assessment.
This item is a paid digital download from my Teacher Pay Teacher store
It is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!
Questions: Contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Learning! Happy Teaching! Happy Learning!
Thanks for your support!
Literacy Art by Iris©